Chunky girls keep trapping Max and giving him their phone number. This even happened the first weekend we were here. We were at a club and some girl who was like 6 feet tall and on E kept trying to give him drugs, sex, etc. Most recently, someone invited us to this birthday party where there were these two English girls. I talked to one briefly, who turned out to be a hardcore Catholic. She referred to all Protestant religions as subdivisions of the Catholic church. This all came up in reference to my Salvation Army T-shirt, which I was trying to explain to her and a Spanish guy. She was like, "Oh, we've had those forever. The Catholic Church invented the Salvation Army." So I started ranting about how I was a gnostic Christian and therefore my religion pre-dated hers. Because I'm, y'know, a dick.
During this entire conversation, the other (fatter) English girl had Max trapped on the balcony and was regaling him with stories of a former boyfriend that had asked her to piss on him, nude "bungee rocketing," and how she had been "technically celibate" for the past six years. Oh, and she's a Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan.
I came out onto the balcony and Max immediately started trying to position me between himself and this girl while babbling about wasn't it about time we needed to go? She ignored this and recited portion of a Monty Python sketch from memory. This, along with other things we discussed when we all left together to get the last metro, prompted me to ask her frankly, "Sooo, would you consider yourself a nerd?" She replied in the positive and then we discussed comics, but she was apparently only into shite such as X-Men and thought that Jessica Alba performed admirably in the film version of "Sin City." I did not hesitate to tell her how completely wrong she was, but I didn't get the satisfaction because she had to get off the metro.
We also have a new favorite word, "minging." It's a British word that means, more or less, to be ugly. As in, "He was just minging," or "She was a real minger." The Chinese restaraunt called "House of Ming" next to one of the schools where we work has become endlessly amusing. When we later discussed that night and the insane nonsense that these girls were spouting, Max referred to them as "Ming 1 and Ming 2," at which I laughed uproariously. Then he said we're the meanest people we know in Madrid. And I laughed some more.
Friday, April 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment