Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Wine and donuts

The other contender for the blog title was "Another Month, Another Blog Post." I went with the lesser of two lames. And, in case you're wondering, yes, that is my lunch. Wine and donuts. Well, they're not technically donuts. They're some kind of Spanish... thing... that is like a donut. They are ring-shaped fried dough covered in sugar. To me, that is a donut. Regardless, I know you are jealous. And I may have an avocado for dessert. Plus more wine. Obviously.
Anyway, enough of this pointless nonsense and on to the real pointless nonsense that I am hear to talk about. Celebrity heights. No, that is not the name for my new television series that plans to capitalize on '90s nostalgia with a high school drama where all the characters are washed up '90s stars. Think Beverly Hills 90210 (from which I will steal the scripts, changing all the name to be more "urban" and adding the occasional dinosaur attack) meets Where Are They Now? Keep an eye on E! Entertainment News for more information. If that channel actually exists anymore.
Anyway, the kind of celebrity heights I am talking about are the kind discussed on celebheights.com. Now at first glance this may seem like a useful resource, but one glance at the comments section reveals a hideous underbelly of time-wasting nonsense. Think of it like the Wikipedia of celebrity heights. There is a picture of the celebrity alongside someone whose height is known Every registered member is a self-proclaimed expert in the area of celebrity heights and they have endless arguments in the comments section for each celebrity's entry. There is endless back and forth over when the person was measured, spine compression, posture, stance in the picture, etc. and how much all of these factors affect a person's height.
Can you conceive of a more stupefying waste of time? And for the purposes of this discussion, we're going to ignore the answer, "Reading a blog where someone complains about people's obsession with celebrity heights." I mean, I've wasted some time in my day. Yes, MTV is going to have a reality show based on it, but only a select few of the celeb height elite will be chosen for that. Think about the future, people! Your career and place in society probably has better chances if you spend your time learning to juggle instead of spending time on celebheights.com
That's all for now. Hugs for everyone!

1 comment:

Paranoid Whimper said...

Hugs for EVERYONE?

You are so sleazy.