Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Explosions and boobs

There was just an unnecessarily loud fireworks display. It just reached its deafening crescendo. As far as I can tell, it's to celebrate the day of San Antonio de la Florida, whoever he is. The fireworks were loud enough that I could feel the vibrations in the floor. I also heard at least 2 car alarms going off and someone walking by the front of my building saying something like, "Espanoles estupidos! Que ruido!" which means something like, "Stupid Spaniards! What noise!" I hope that my mastery of Spanish astounds you. All of this racket to end a week-long celebration that they don't even get a day off. But they did open the chapel across the street. The one that was painted by Goya. The one that also contains his corpse. I read a historical information signs a few weeks ago and discovered these facts. So I am currently about 100 yards from Goya's earhtly remains.
"Erin Brockovitch" is on television. Julia Roberts doesn't act any better in Spanish.A And the amount of cleavage that she shows is more or less standard for Spanish TV. Yes, Spanish broadcast TV generally sucks.
Lots of things have happened. Classes are slowing down. Danielle came and went in a whirlwind of drunken fun. We finally made it out of Madrid, to a BEACH!!! and I got sunstroke. I'll write more about it all when I'm not so tired.

No comments: