Monday, February 13, 2006

More about Madrid

I´m writing this from a cybercafe in Madrid because we moved to a cheaper hostel that does not have a wireless connection I can steal from. All of Blogger is in Spanish and it´s a bit confusing. I think this is also the first time I´m posting sober, so that´s a change, too. And when I was here yesterday an enormous bug fell out of my coat when I got up. So I´m nervously eyeing the place. In general, it seems relatively clean, but I just can´t trust it.

I mentioned mullets in the last post, but I didn´t fully explain the situation, which is this: Madrid is infested with mullets. Every single guy under the age of 30 has one, as do a significant majority of the women. The women are really bad because they tend to look like they scraped some flattened roadkill off the road and fashioned it into a wig. I wish I was joking.

The guys have an astonishing array of mullets. Many of them shave the sides, to make them more nauseating, I assume. Some have relatively well-groomed mullets, but at best, they manage to look like members of Menudo. If my camera hadn´t been stolen, I would post a hundred or so mullet pics.

Other style notes: Huge sunglasses that cover half your face are in. So is the color orange. It´s a specific shade, though. Sort of an autumny/halloweeny color. For the ladies, you should be wearing heels 4 inches high and 1/8 of an inch wide. Preferably on boots that come up to mid-calf. Accompany this with capri pants or jeans that come down to about an inch above the boots.

That´s about all I have to say about one of the fashion capitals of the world at the moment. I have to go look up some magic tricks for my job as a magician teaching english to kids. And also to apply for other jobs because trying to amuse kids with a bag full of broken tricks after getting up at 6:45 is not my idea of a good time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well groomed is something I never expected to see in front of the word mullet.