Thursday, June 16, 2005

From the brain of Marshall Brain

From his book (most of which is available for free online), "The Teenager's Guide to the Real World".
"Part 1 — The Hard Facts. These are the basic facts of life that you must understand before you can do anything else. Most of these are hard because they will force you to break down fundamental assumptions that you may have about yourself and your world right now. Start with them."
That's the right way to start off any self-help book. I'm interested in reading this. I think it's going to be my sister's birthday present. Nothing says sweet 16 like breaking down your fundamental assumptions about yourself.
Of course, I'm asking for her to turn into a capitalist if I give her a book where the first chapter is titled, "Money Really Matters", but I think she's a bit young for Marx & Engels.
Yes, I really need to find better things to read while at work...

No comments: