I like Four Tet a lot. He's releasing a new album, "Everything's Ecstatic" in a week or so. It's already out in Europe. There's a really interesting interview with Kieran Hebden from July '03 courtesy of www.soundonsound.com. The description of his live shows makes me salivate with anticipation. Has he ever done a US tour? I think I really need to see him. He also talks a lot about his process for creating music and mentions that one of his main tools is AudioMulch. And there's an interview with Ross Bencina the creator of that tool at www.em411.com, which stands for Electronic Music 411 and seems pretty derned interesting.
AudioMulch doesn't seem anywhere near as geeky as SuperCollider, a music programming language. But SuperCollider doesn't want to run on my Windows machine. One day when I'm a ruthless dictator, I'll have a Mac in addition to my other computer to avoid such inconveniences.
Read! Listen! Enjoy!
Friday, June 03, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment